Thursday, February 25, 2010

itching..finally

hai peeps...finally got a chance to jot down sth..i've been itching to do this for long..after the arrival of our bundle of joy * IMAAN KHADEJA AISHA * 25 days ago i mean

THE BIRTH STORY
28 JAN 2010 2300 HR- no signs of labour even tell tale that im going into labour yet..mulut dah muncung..hati dah gundah..hmm post date lah anakku ini.tapi....

mak aiiiii panasnye badan..mmg shirtless.and hubby has to tepid sponge my body as i was like cacing kepanasan.then zzzzzzz....

29 JAN 2010 0330 HR
Bladder said " i wanna pee,i wanna pee"..i felt sth like coming out down there already..ying ying..did i wee wee or my water broke?nahhhh then off i go wee wee for real.the minute i lied back on the bed..hot water just came out and wet my whole sarong...with a smile on my face..i woke an extremely mamai hubby who jumped ready to go mandi to go to work thinking its already 6..told him calmly "im going into labour"..and calmly instructed him what to do.but being calm didnt help hubby apparently hehe..he still panicked deep down inside i knew

hubby was really confused how i was so comfortable packing my things and went to the kitchen to get sth to eat.we woke my parents up after 2 hours telling that my water broke at 3.i told hubby i didnt have the slightest pain..hence the manner.after subuh we headed straight to UMRA at shah alam

0700 HR
checked by Dr K..u r 1 cm now.we'll send u to the ward.up we went and antibiotics+enema was given to me. i thought they'll leave me alone till i'm 3 cm then only they'll send me to the labour room.like what we usually practise at Sg Petani.But a few mins later Dr K came and told me Dr U asked me to be sent to labour room and they would start pitocin (an agent to kick start my contraction) straight away.puzzled but since im under their care..eden ikut jo lah

0730 HR
in labour room...pitocin started..CTG wrapped around my belly..baby's heartbeat always atad bit on the low side
Dr K "do u want pethidine (analgesia)?"..me "thats fine,im still having zero pain"
the minute she left..my contraction began..and hence the pain
it gets stronger and stronger and more regular..i think once every 4 mins..i was praying that i will open fast..Dr K said my cervix was quite promising that it wont take long

1030 HR
Dr U showed up.I was examined.2 cm..hmm some progress.she asked how I was..with a kelat smile i said "great".hubby kat sebelah dah tersengguk-sengguk ngantuk.dah le kene marah sbb letak air kat muka saye tetibe.by that time the pain was excruciating and i started whimpering..was really considering asking for pethidine..really sleepy but couldnt possibly sleep due to the pain

1230 HR
i asked the nurse for pethidine..she went out to get the Dr.Dr U came..do u want epidural?yes please,now no more smiling..just ohw and ahh and both my hips were killing me in addition to my contraction.i couldnt put my leg down..sgt sakit hips jugak.hubby nye muke dah pucat i pity him but cant say anything to make him feel better.Dr U said the anaesthesiologist,Dr A was in the OT attending 1 caesar,so she'll be there in half and hour

1315 HR
Dr A finally arrived,i lied there thinking of Allah not knowing what else to do as the pain was a minute apart.i was hoping the epidural will help.everybody says there will be no pain at all until u deliver pon tatau bile nak push.so they sat me up,hugging hubby to get into the right position.the minute she put the needle on my back..i felt a severe shooting pain down my left leg..i screamed.she calmed me down then the leg pain subsided.ape la yg jadi sebenanye.pastu..rase contraction pain kurg sket..baru rase cam bertenang.but i still felt the pain.still couldnt sleep.hubby left for Friday prayer..mama came in to teman me.

1500 HR
contraction pain getting stronger despite the epidural..i was whimpering again.the nurse asked how i was doing.i just said the epidural was not working anymore.i couldnt stay still.i couldnt move so much either due to my hips pain.she went off to get the Dr again.and the pain continued

1630
Dr U came in.By now,there was no gap between the contraction.Pain was continuous i felt so tired and spent.She gave me a bolus of epidural cocktail.VE done-3 cm.she looked at me and hubby-"maybe u need..and i sambung "caesarean?".she nodded."u've been in labour for 13 hours now..we'll see another 2 hours.if u tak bukak..then caesar..i nodded weakly.frustrated nye hati Allah aje yg tau..air mate pon tup tup jatuh atas pillow.dlm hati screaming "I DONT WANT!!!I DONT WANT!!!" hubby kate..it's ok asalkan sayang n baby selamat..i kept on crying.since the contraction was so intense i thought i will eventually dilate

1815 HR
the past hours i tried to find peace in letting myself having a caesar and dealing with the pain.i know next time im going into labour i shouldnt ask for epidural coz it simply didnt work for me.sakit mmg tak tahan cam nak kuar air mata darah je.Dr U
came and did VE again-still 3 cm.Final-we are going for caesar.They put me in a gown.i walked to the OT which is just next door with difficulty.By then i was praying that Dr A will come soo as i couldnt bear the pain anymore.I heard them talking.i told them i need to wee wee.i was really groggy.

The next thing i know i was in a dream-like state.I felt like there were people operating on me but my eyes were blurred.i thought i could feel the diathermy slashing my tummy and i screamed in my throat "pain,pain".then...i couldnt remember anything


to be continued....

No comments: